Job Title: Sales and Marketing Officer
Organisation: zuula Uganda ltd
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
This is the hub where everything you want and need come at the same place. There may be many website you can find online talking about Uganda, however, this is the site where almost all information you need come at one place
We aim not only to give you information you need, but to have a smooth relationship with you as well. We hope that after reading and visiting the pearl of Africa, you can attest that we deliver what we promised. We would love to hear from everyone regarding their thoughts on information shared here and about Uganda at large.
Don’t let the good deals pass you by. Grab them now! Feel free to take a tour on our store and narrow down your research on the products you would like to purchase. We would love to have them delivered to your doorstep. Make the purchase now!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales:Managing customers in office and field, communicate with customer by telephone, e-mail etc and prepare itinerary and tour cost.
- Marketing:Management and date entry on website, DNS
- Reservation: Make booking of accommodation, tour activity, arrange vehicle and drivers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an A diploma
- The applicant should possess at least two years’ working experience as sales or marketing professional in the tourism industry.
- Sense of marketing.
- Skills of Wordpres
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita to: The Human Resource Manager or email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 30th March, 2019 by 5:00 PM
Do you love to entertain and educate? Do you jump at the opportunity to speak to strangers about subjects you’re knowledgeable about? Do you enjoy long walks in the city? If so, then our opening of tour guide is right up your alley. You will share your passion during several walking tours every day to show tourists exactly what this city has to offer. You may also provide private tours to smaller groups of people when requested, providing plenty of new experiences and opportunities to get to know different personalities. This is a perfect line of work for creative jobseekers, so apply today.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Provide a welcoming, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience to visitors through guided tours.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Conducting tours services of approximately 1 – 1 1/2 hours in length sometimes full day. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- Conducting occasional tours, if necessary and facilities (behind the scenes) for VIPs, special visiting groups, etc.
- Greeting and welcoming tour groups upon their arrival at the Air Ports or any other destination.
- Dealing skillfully with a variety of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
- Continually keeping informed about changes in Uganda Tourism industry.
- Assisting staff at the information desks by providing information to visitors and answering their questions about Uganda, particularly if your tour is late arriving.
- Assisting, on occasion, with evening special event programs.
- Taking responsibility to find a replacement docent if you cannot give a tour that has been assigned to you. A list of current docents and phone numbers is provided to all docents. Tour schedules are completed and docents are assigned tours approximately four weeks in advance. Schedules are then mailed to docents. Docents are required to confirm that they can give the tour(s) they have been assigned.
A minimum commitment of four tours a month for a year is required. Docents are needed for weekday and/or weekend tours. During the summer, in addition to booked tours, public tours are scheduled a month in advance, three every day Monday – Saturday and two on Sundays. Outside of the summer months, booked tours consist of school groups, adult groups, chartered tours, etc.
Being flexible and proactive.
Having good presentation skills,
Being enthusiastic and friendly.
Having good verbal communication skills Great public speaking skills.
Being able to interact with people from different backgrounds.
Having multiple language skills.
Being able to work with a team.
Having time management skills.
Being able to retain historical facts.
Having excellent knowledge about points of interest of specific cities.
Previous experience with some kind of performance-based art, Flexible schedule to work on weekends
Outgoing personality and Punctuality
Duties and responsibilities, This includes:
- undertaking pre-holiday research
- making arrangements for catering, accommodation, transport and excursions
- inspecting hotel safety and cleanliness
- offering sightseeing advice
- organising and leading excursions
- problem solving
- translating and interpreting
- preparing reports.
Qualifications and training required
Must be age 21 or older
Degree in Tours and Travel or its equivalent from a recognized institution
Enjoy meeting and interacting with other people
Working experience with the general public, or experience gained within the hotel, tourism or travel trades is an added advantage.
Potential candidate should be fit and healthy with lots of energy and confidence, be able to work effectively without supervision, possess a calm ‘customer focused’ manner, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Foreign language skills are essential. Familiarity and knowledge of key holiday destinations, first aid skills and a driving license is also an added advantage.
- Describe points of interest around the city to the group and answer any questions, which requires learning a comprehensive history of each check point
- Provide directions to visitors who would like to check out a specific area at a later date, and provide information related to lodging, food and other amenities
- Monitor the behavior of the group, especially when young children are in it, and ensure everyone remains in compliance with the rules
- Distribute materials to the group at the beginning of the tour, which includes audio headsets and brochures
- Greet visitors as soon as they get on board the bus, and show people to their seats if necessary
- Be willing to put own spin on tour points, such as making jokes and providing insightful commentary
- Work with management to develop new tour routes based on sites visitors have expressed interest in
- Maintain a positive, friendly demeanor at all times
All interested candidates should submit their application not later than 6th September 2018 before mid-night
NOTE: Only online application will be accepted you can also send your (CV) curriculum vitae documents and more information through an email email@example.com